A hotel audit instrument to determine the level of safety & security
The Anchor Point Audit for Hotels has entirely replaced the existing Global Lighthouse Certification Program after eight years. COVID-19 significantly impacted the tourism industry, and hotels were forced to make many organizational changes that also affected safety & security management. Remeasuring the depth of defense of each hotel property also requires a new approach, and also we have optimized our audit process and developed new analytics. The latest audit program is a new baseline that caters to the new travel risk management requirements.
The latest audit program is a new BASELINE that caters to the new ISO 31030:2021 standard for domestic and international travel risk management requirements.
Compared with our previous program, the Anchor Aoint Audit is a more enhanced risk mitigation strategy, and a management & compliance tool. While the Lighthouse Audit focused primarily on security, the Anchor Point Audit is further extended to safety & security with threat analytical features. It offers improved features to cater to today’s threat profile anywhere globally, including COVID Safety Analysis. Our new Instrument allows us to carry out a Crime Hotspot or Coldspot Analysis today more efficiently, and it can be applied to all kinds of environments where hotels are built.
FOR SAFER CORPORATE TRAVEL
The program is designed to reduce travel and occupational & health & safety risks. It also helps hotel management target their market using recognized professional safety & security standards. Utilizing this instrument as a marketing tool can positively benefit a hotel’s bottom line.
Hotels gain an advantage by choosing a proactive position and showing their customers that they provide world-class hotel security standards. When the hotel becomes a safe haven, Travel and Risk Managers will quickly give it preferred status.
Why certify your hotel in security
- To help your corporate business to comply with the new ISO 31030:2021 Travel Risk Management.
- It provides a unique selling proposition in the market.
- It provides the framework for a safer environment for corporate travellers.
- Engaging an independent audit partner demonstrates good faith, builds trust, and reassures stakeholders.
- The Security Framework caters for a security management initiative and guest satisfaction in the hotel.
- The program is based on international customer expectations. All our audits are designed to detect and mitigate potential hazards for guests and staff ahead of time.
- Confirming your independently audited in safety & security credentials gives your brand a strong and distinct position in the market.
The Audit Process
The Anchor Point Audit is a comprehensive security audit in 11 areas:
- Safety and security in the hotel room
- Identity Theft
- Security and emergency management
- Access and Key Management
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Night-time safety and security
- Staff competence in health, safety, and security
- Safety and security arrangements staff
- Video-Surveillance, Patrols, and Intervention
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Analysis
- Preventive measures for loss of competitive advantage
Excellence in Hotel Security
The Anchor Point Audit is designed primarily to identify risks for hotel guests during a stay in the hotel. In the audit, we focus on safety and security aspects that can impact guests and hotel personnel. Our Reference Guide explains the necessary parameters to achieve the level of certification and what a hotel has to have in place before we conduct the onsite audit.
Why our audits benefit your hotel
• Our professional consulting services are provided by experienced safety & security specialists.
• Each audit is fully independent, and assessments are completely objective.
• We maintain high security and confidentiality standards throughout the entire audit process.
• We can readily adapt our process to your existing security & management performance reviews and hotel chain requirements.
• We offer supplemental safety & security audits and specialized safety & security workshops.
• Sky Touch and partners are globally networked and strategically positioned to meet the safety and security needs of clients anywhere in the world.
The main audit components:
- SECTION 1
MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATION
SECTION 2 SAFETY FIRST!
– OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
– FIRE, LIFE & SAFETY
– COVID SAFETY
SECTION 3 SECURITY
– ACCESS CONTROL
– KEY MANAGEMENT
– VIDEO SURVEILLANCE,
– PATROLS, INTERVENTION
– SECURING GUEST PROPERTY
– IDENTITY THEFT
SECTION 4 CPTED
Level of Achievments
The scoring system is divided into 3 levels of security depending on the performance.
The Anchor Point Audit measures the security status on one particular day. Our system contains analytical mechanisms that will show how safety and security are managed and if and to what degree it is sustainable.Like the previous program, supplemental security certifications are available for airline crews, beachfront hotels, pool safety, high profile conferences are available upon request.